The web design process can range from a few hours to several weeks. With this wide spectrum of results, how do you determine which web design provider is right for you?
To ease this search, Snaxa provides our clients and potential customers with tips that will help in determining how to choose kind and skillful web design provider.
- How many years have you been building websites? Usually, a company with more years of experience is preferred over the other. However, a more relevant question is whether the company is still technologically up-to-date and designing websites according to tomorrow's standards.
- What are the costs of the project? The cost depends on what kind of features client wants to implement into the website. Usually cost is estimated after client submits a quote with his needs and requirements.
- Is there a money back guarantee policy? Professional web designing firm should have a money back guarantee policy.
- Where can I see samples of your previous work? A company with an online portfolio is able to display past projects to the public.
- What industries have you created websites for? A company that is familiar with your industry can be very beneficial.
- Do you have a formal project process? A company that has developed a process will be more organized and easier to follow.
- What do the clients have to provide? Usually clients will have to provide the text, images or video files and feedback.
- How do we communicate about this project? Communicating by email is usually more convenient and more effective, however, a client can address their needs better by telephone.
- Do I own the website after completion? Since you paid for the website therefore you should own it.
- How long will it take? A typical small business website takes up to two, three weeks to complete.
- Will I be able to edit my website? Building a website is one thing, editing and maintaining is another. Many businesses desire the ability to maintain their website once completed yet few are actually prepared to do so. Ask your designer if you will be able to add or edit content and pages on your own or if you will have to rely on them to make edits. If you can do it on your own, will you have to learn a complex editing programs in order to achieve this.
- Will my website be optimized? Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is important for any website in order to get visitors from search engines such as Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc. It is important for you to find out with your web designer if there is going to be a SEO available to help your site in search engine rankings.
- What browsers do you test the websites on? Testing should be done at minimum on the following browsers: Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome and Opera.
- Do you provide hosting? Some web designers provide hosting and domain name for additional cost. Web hosting and domain name can also be obtained from third party companies.
- Do I have to host my website with you? The answer should be 'no' to this question. If their web hosting ever becomes unreliable, you should have the right to have your website hosted elsewhere.
- Are you able to create online shopping carts? If you plan to do e-commerce in the future, a web design company should have the resources to provide this service.
- How will my website be maintained? Ask for web maintenance plans if you don't want to deal with the editing pages, images, etc. yourself.
We pay attention and keep in mind all of these aspects and want our clients to know about it. We hope it was helpful for you.